Terms and Conditions for Employer partners and other opportunity providers
Recruit is a free on-line tool developed at Ulster University to manage key aspects of the employer, student and University partnership which facilitates our students’ work-based and placement learning. This includes vacancy handling and supporting assessment across the diversity of industry sector practice in local, national and international employment settings.
The following terms and conditions are offered as a support to effective promotion of vacancies across all campuses and subjects at Ulster University. Recruit enables Ulster University students to seek and apply for work-based and placement learning experiences as a compliment to their programme of study to deepen and broaden their understanding of their chosen discipline and its application. In offering Recruit, Employability and Careers does not enter into contracts with students or employers. Instead, necessary contracts or agreements should be drawn up between the employer, student and if appropriate, the relevant Ulster University school or department. Ulster University is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR and DPA, supplementary Employability and Careers policies for working with employers, recruitment agencies and other potential opportunity providers are enabled through Recruit.
Employers are responsible for compliance within a best practice approach to recruitment and selection. Expert advice can be accessed via LRA (https://www.lra.org.uk/starting-out/hiring) and ACAS (https://beta.acas.org.uk/hiring-someone), the recommended approach described below will also ensure strong partnerships that underpin business success.
All users of Recruit must log in with an e-mail address that is unique, so that they can be identified in the system and activity tracked.
- Employers will be expected to provide reasonable advance notice of requirements
- Employers must make clear the nature of the work offered and fully complete the vacancy form with details of any essential and desirable requirements, etc.
- Any information supplied in connection with the advertisement must be accurate, complete, true and not misleading.
- Employers are responsible for arranging appropriate remuneration, hourly rates or salaries should meet minimum wage rates. Remuneration based on commission or requiring an advance payment by students will not be approved.
- Vacancies offering care work at private addresses will be considered only through reputable agencies with clear health and safety and vetting procedures (e.g. City council-linked care agencies).
- Employers may link to other related vacancy information published as part of an advertisement. In such cases no responsibility can be accepted by Employability and Careers for external procedures and systems.
- Employers acknowledge responsibility for compliance with the obligations set out above and that Employability and Careers has no obligation to edit or review any published advertisements for accuracy or appropriateness. However, Employability and Careers reserves the right to alter or remove any Advertisement to comply with any obligation placed upon Employability and Careers.
- Employability and Careers reserves the right to omit, refuse, withdraw or cancel Advertisements submitted to Recruit.
- Advertising material originated by Employability and Careers is copyright and any material originated by the employer remains their copyright.
- In the event that an employer commits a material breach of these terms and conditions, Employability and Careers may terminate this agreement immediately on notice and without liability to you.
- The failure or delay by either party to exercise or enforce any of its rights is not a waiver of that right, nor will it bar enforcement of any obligation at that time or any subsequent time.
- Any notice or other document to be served under these conditions must be in writing and served by email - upon receipt (provided that a copy is sent by post on the same date).
- f any provision of these conditions, or of any document made in connection with these provisions, is determined by any court, tribunal or administrative body of a competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly unenforceable for any reason, that unenforceability shall not affect the rest of this agreement or that document, the unenforceable part being deemed severed and deleted and the remainder continuing in full force and effect.
- Advertisements submitted or amended pursuant to these conditions will not breach any contract or infringe the rights of any person.
Date of last revision: October 2019
I have read and accept, on behalf of my organisation, the Terms and Conditions set out above for using Recruit.